Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting...

I can't believe it has been so long since I updated the blog. Well, here is the most important piece of news, during late May and early June Molly and I spent 2 weeks touring China! It was incredible. There was so much history and culture to see. So many awesome pictures that I'll only have space to share a few. I'll try to go in order of where we went.

First up: Shanghai
Walking through the streets near the Yu Gardens.


Inside the Yu Gardens


The Suzhou City gate, built in 514 B.C.


Me at the Suzhou City Gate


Molly and I at The Bund (A waterfront area in Shanghai)

Next: Xi'an

Big Wild Goose Pagoda

Molly at the Terracotta Warriors

More terracotta Warriors

Then: Beijing

The Sacred Way near the Ming Tombs

The Sacred Way

Tienanmen Square

Panda at the Beijing Zoo

The Great Wall of China (Badaling Entrance)


Molly and I at the Great Wall

The Forbidden City

Scorpions on a stick at the outdoor local market (No, we didn't eat any)

The Temple of Heaven

Finally: Hong Kong

City Skyline from Victoria Peak

A boat in Aberdeen fishing village

Waterfront skyline at night


Molly and I on our last night in China. Rooftop dining in Hong Kong.

I took almost all of these pictures with my new Canon XS Digital SLR camera. I am not the greatest photographer in the world, but I think some of these came out really well, and the small size on the blog doesn't really do them justice.

All in all, the trip was great. Definitely a once in a lifetime type of trip. I don't think Molly or I plan on going back, but we were happy we went, and glad to get home to better air conditioning and drinkable water from the tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment