Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Again it seems life has gotten in the way of my blogging. For that, I apologize.

Molly and I are in San Antonio to celebrate Christmas with her family. Due to the fact that we did not want to haul our presents to each other to San Antonio, we decided to do our own little Vega Christmas on the 22nd this year. Molly got lots of gifts from Santa, including a new watch and some fancy perfume (Coco Mademoiselle). I got some really nice gifts too, including a new Saints Jacket, a couple of new ties and a new work shirt. (Yes, I have decided I am a little bit sad that I have now entered the stage of my life where a tie is an acceptable Christmas present).

But by far the best Christmas present was one that Mason got.
That's right. Molly sacrificed one of my old ties to make Mason a set of Shirt/Tie/Suspenders onesies. He is going to be the best dressed baby on the playground, and will definitely draw some attention when he visits daddy at work. I am probably most impressed by the fact that Molly made these herself by actually using the sewing machine. She has typically shied away from "domestic" things like that.

As this year wraps up and I think back on 2010, I can say that this has been just an absolutely wonderful year. Between getting the job I have wanted since I finished college, to flying halfway across the world to visit China, and the most wonderful gift of all, the impending birth of my 1st child, I can say that 2010 has truly been a blessed year for the Vega house.

My wish as this year closes is for two things:

1st: That 2011 can be as wonderful as 2010; the Mason is born a happy, healthy child; that Molly does well through the final stage of the pregnancy; that life continues to remind us of the greatness of God.

2nd: That the coming year can be as wonderful for our friends and family as this past year has been for us. Molly and I truly have been blessed with many gifts, and it is my true wish that many others may enjoy such wonderful blessings in the coming years.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment